Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Shopping

OK, I have noticed some shopping phenomena. Sometimes we might all fit into one of these scenarios.


1. We buy things ONLY because they are a good deal. We had never wanted them previously or felt any need until we saw what a good deal we could get.


2. We sometimes also only like things if they are highly priced. We think they MUST have more value if they are more expensive. This holds true for electronics and jewelry especially.


3. We seem to think the grass really is greener over there. We are never satisfied with what we have...at least not for very long.


I almost always fit in category number 1. For example:



I walked into Anthropologie and they were having a SALE. Wow. I've never seen a sale in there. And I stumbled on this shirt for super cheap so I HAD to buy it, only now that it is home....well....it's kind of funny looking and it is 90+ degrees outside!!!!!!! Pajamas?
Then there was that cardinal bird feeder I saw at an end of year sale in a catalogue. So cheap, I thought there has to be a tree I could put it on. It is still in its box somewhere in my house.

That's why I love Costco so much. I even bought my bedroom furniture there. Don't tell my rich neighbors.
I LOVE to drive four hours to the nearest Williams and Sonoma outlet just so I can get stuff at a great deal!!! How much sense does that make?

3 comments:

Lara said...

I have the #1 curse too. It's just so hard to pass up a great deal!

JenJ said...

I thought of you Lara!!!
You would be fun to flea market shop with!!!

Melanie said...

you make me lol! i am a fellow number one-er for sure!

Dove Self Esteem Fund