Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sarah's Broken Arm

Sarah fell off the monkey bars again and broke her arm...again. We were really very very blessed to find an incredible doctor for her and we know we avoided surgery only through the Lord's help. But here she is at our first doctor. I told her to look sad and this is the best she could do.Then I told her to really look sad and I got this one....much more appropriate.Here is our new doctor's office which is absolutely GREAT! This is one of the techs in the cast room. Our doctor, Dr. Sackett at the Carrell Memorial Clinic is a wonderful, sensible, good man.Here she is on the day we are going to take off the cast!!!There they are with the saw...apparently it doesn't saw through skin, only casts......






7 comments:

Sarah said...

A broken arm...twice!??? The same arm? Poor girl. She looks like a trooper! And very brave. Do you think she'll be back on the monkey bars?

Lara said...

That's cute that she had to pretend to be sad...what a good sport she is!

Becky said...

Maybe you should KEEP her in the cast, so it doesn't happen again!! Poor thing! I hear broken bones hurt a little bit...

Melanie said...

hannah broke her elbow a couple years ago and if we had to go through it again i think we'd all need therapy for the trama. you are ALL brave and I hope you got lots of stickers and suckers!! So glad she is A-OK!

Amy C said...

wow, look how brave Sarah is!! So proud of that girl!
But hey Superwoman, next time (3 times a charm, right?) leave the littles with me. I see Andrew and Audrey in the picture there...

Mama Oak said...

I always wanted to break my arm when I was that age! I guess I thought it looked cool to wear something so colorful on your arm and was envious of all the attention the special casted one got -- lucky Sarah!:)

JenJ said...

I think she is done with monkey bars...they were kind of losing their charm anyway, now they are sort of the evil presence on the playground. :) By the way, everyone at the Dr. said they get the most brakes from monkey bars....go figure.

Amy, so nice, the kids would love to play at your house. This was a very easy visit. They were fascinated by the toy skeletons in the cast room and the saw on Sarah's arm.

Dove Self Esteem Fund