Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Great Big 35 Years!!!





I was born on Father's Day. That is fun to think I made my Dad a father ON the day. And he is a GREAT Dad. I have really truly been so blessed by his deep unconditional love, his great wisdom, his tender heart, and his fun spirit!! And my kids think he is the BEST!



So every now and then I share a birthday with Father's Day. It was super fun as a kid, but now as tomorrow rolls around, who gets breakfast in bed? Who makes dinner? Who opens presents first? Who gets the most presents? Who do we get the kids all excited about?



Maybe we will both just lay there in bed and wait and see what happens!



Either way, I have some fun plans for Dustin. He is a fabulous father. I can't think of any way he could be better with our sweet kids. They know he loves them, they feel his respect, and they have SO much fun with him.



I feel so blessed.....even though I am now in a whole new age bracket!!!!




8 comments:

Lara said...

Happy Birthday Jen...being a couple months ahead of you I can tell you that the next age bracket up is great!

Happy Father's Day to Dustin--enjoy!

JenJ said...

Thanks Lara!!!!
You sure look great, so the 35+ bracket must not be too bad... :) Just kidding to all you who are already in it! HA!

Melanie said...

what a cool day to be born on! do you have to take turns bringing the other one breakfast in bed?? happy birtather's day!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday dear Jen. Too bad we live in different time zones. It's a tad too late to call you but I will tomorrow. 35 sounds like nothing, especially now that I'm 30. Not a new age bracket...more like the PRIME of your life. Don't they say that these are the best years???

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Happy Birthday dear sister.

Cath

Cathy said...

P.S. It's still the 15th here. :)

JenJ said...

Cath!
Yes, I do love the thirties I have to say. You are so good to stop by! We can't wait to see you! Love you guys!!

Mama Oak said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!

What a predicament - who DID get breakfast in bed? I don't know how you can be 35 when we are practically the same age and I am still 24. Hmmm, how puzzling;)

Hope you celebrate with 2 cakes!
-C

JenJ said...

Cindy!!!!
Great to see you as always!! Well, we divided up the day. I made breakfast (breakfast burritos with crepes, yummy) and then he made dinner and decorated for me. I made my own cake. (I like the way I make it. :)) And he made the dinner. We opened presents together but we talked about it the day before so neither one of us went a little crazy (me) and bought the other one too many things. :) Let's see...it was a great day all in all. We had all the typical parenting things happen. Andrew threw up as we were leaving for church so half the family went and Dustin and I traded hours there, the dog started whining at 5 AM, kids were up in the night, etc. But it is so funny because all those typical family events don't even play a part in how I feel about the day. It was awesome and Dustin was so sweet.

Dove Self Esteem Fund