Monday, June 14, 2010

Today

A Day in the Life of:

I am in quite the blogging slump so this may be totally boring to you, but I might find it interesting in a few years. :)

We all got up at 7 this morning. (Dustin was off to work at six--poor guy--always feel bad for the men who work in the summer.  I was up with him too.) I just keep doing my Mommy job in the summer time which started at 7 today.

8:00 I went to cub scout day camp with my son Ben.
He was so excited and had three great buddies right there in the den with him.  I stayed around helping everyone get settled and organized. I am the Primary President and felt a need to make sure our kids were in the right place and leaders felt comfortable.  I drove out the driveway and down the street and couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to go back and check on things and talk to Trudy.  She is an expert scouter who works with our boys.  I asked her how she feels the cub scout program is running.  Learned some new valuable pieces of info. And then drove off to head back home.

Returned home at 9. 
Fed the children who had not yet had breakfast. My older girls are such a blessing to me.  They were home watching everyone else while I dropped Ben at camp.  And then I started to clean up the kitchen a bit at which time I remembered that my friend was taking me out to lunch because tomorrow is my birthday. SO nice. :) I got in the shower and actually round brushed my hair and got ready.

12:00 Lunch with a friend.
We went to Brio. It was REALLY tasty. And the conversation was wonderful.  We laughed and cried.  And I felt very close to the Lord as we were talking about some of her life's decisions she feels good about. It was a great lunch. 

2:00 Then the girls had friends over.
Audrey went to play at Gracie's.  I left to pick up Ben and two friends at camp. James came over to swim.  I cleaned the kitchen floors and counters and did the dishes (finally, it was from breakfast and lunch now too) THEN the wonderful lawn crew showed up to trim our bushes. We are having a work dinner over here on Saturday night and it all needed to be trimmed.  Last week Dustin and I tried to do it ourselves like usual and died of heat and almost got swarmed by wasps so we gave up.  :) It was one of those moments when it was easy to convince Dustin to pay for someone else to do it. They did a great job!!

4:00 I made spaghetti and brocolli for dinner. Some of the children cheered and some cried. :)
Then I asked them to all do their power hour.  We do it every day where they spend some time learning.  So they are all quietly sitting and working.  It is a happy moment.  Noah is a bit bored though and when I sat down to blog, he pulled my hands away and tried to get my attention.  So I have been interrupted two or three times to run races in our front room with Noah, then to feed him some more yogurt in his chair, then to wash him up from that. Then he wanted to go outside, then I had to get up to check on him out there because he is alone. The yard is fenced but still he needs supervision afterall.  And then Dustin got home from work and I helped him bring up the garbage cans. whew! And now we are up to the present moment.

7:00 Tonight we will have a lesson together as a family and pray and read the scriptures. And then we will go to bed.

Not a super busy day, almost just right.
And I almost forgot it was FLAG DAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Sounds like a great summer day! Happy birthday tomorrow!

alexandra said...

Hey, I didn't know you were Primary Prez too! Is your ward small enough that people have to wear several hats (like Primary president and den leader)? Would you believe Vienna Ward is starting to go that way? After the split the ward, we had our usual annual move-outs but surprisingly no move-ins (because they all used to move into the chunk that got snatched from us). Anyway, they haven't asked me to be den leader again (in addition to PP). If they do, I'll get in touch with you to see how you do it all!

JenJ said...

Hi ladies!!!
I am not the den leader but I am learning all the ropes and needed to reorganize a bit so I feel kind of like the den leader, the cub committee chair, the cub master etc. :) But they are all great people. And there is an awesome counselor over scouting too. I just wanted to be a part of it all. I am very sad to hear that about no move ins in Vienna. I am sure it will pick up. It is such a prime location.

Dove Self Esteem Fund