Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cub Scouts!!!

Cub Scouts rock!!!
What was that? Yes, totally rock. I never understood the mystery that is scouting until here I am, forced to learn all about it because of my calling at church. Cub scouts is seriously the BEST thing for 8-10 year old boys!! They pound things, build things, create things, collect things, play hard, learn responsibility, learn leadership, have some serious character development, and MOST OF ALL, provide all kinds of opportunities for parents to interact with their boys in productive ways. Cubs creates good scouts who create fantastic men.

SO, I am all about it!!! I got my shirt, my badges; I am getting trained. I even learned a couple cheers and SKITS!!! Day Camp here I come!
http://www.scouting.org

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you like it Jen. The cubscout program is awesome! (And lots of work for the good leaders who make sure it all happens.)

alexandra said...

Congrats on being a den leader! I've been a den leader (both through the Church and our local elementary school) for a few years now and I can attest to what you already know - it ROCKS! Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Dove Self Esteem Fund