Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summer Summer!!!!

Yay for Summer!!!
Let the fun begin!!! I LOVE having all my kids home! I LOVE being in charge of our family schedule once more!!!! I LOVE deciding at 9 AM that we all feel like going to the aquarium, so we do it!!! I LOVE that we can go to bed when we want to. I LOVE that we can wake up when we want to!!! I LOVE to be with these kids. and I really really really LOVE teaching them myself!! :)

We usually have some kind of summer learning motivating program. This year, it is more typically education based. I have field trips and extra fun, but they have a few work books to complete this summer before we are all through....

Don't worry for my kids. I am seriously more fun than work. So we will get our fair share. And the rewards make them super excited. I have tried all kinds of things. And given the age difference of my kids, I am going to do a couple different rewards systems. Mandi, Sarah, and maybe Ben will all get to pick a big reward for the end of the summer. If they complete the workbooks and other tasks, they will get their prize. Andrew and Audrey will have a big prize box that they can pick out of as we go along when they reach certain milestones. Very fun. I might get some candy for the big kids too to keep them motivated here and there. :) But I LOVE this! And I love it that the kids do too! :)
Mandi already has her prize all picked out...
VERA BRADLEY

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! Can we just have summer vacation at the Johnson house??

JenJ said...

You want some workbooks? I am sure there are a few for our demographic....what would we do? practice answering kid questions, how to teach tying a shoe.....

Lara said...

I'm with you. I love the arrival of summer as much as the kids. I am good and ready for the laid back schedule and we still have a full 3 + weeks of school left....at least early morning seminary is over for the year though. :)
We always start off strong with the workbooks at our house, but we're not as good at keeping up with them until the end. I need to try a reward system like yours again.

JenJ said...

Well, I agree. It fizzles out at the end. So that is why with the olders I am trying an END reward.....but as soon as we leave town, the kids lose their momentum. I was talking to another friend yesterday who says they do a "power hour" in their house every day in the summer. The kids can choose from lots of options, but it is a quiet time of learning. I like that.

Mama Oak said...

I love it too!!! I still do my "mom store" and can't tell you how many people love that idea and they all know about my creative friend Jen now:) Hope you summer is a few degrees cooler than ours! love ya miss ya!

Dove Self Esteem Fund