Tuesday, June 15, 2010

They surprised me!!


I went to Costco last night because I didn't want to have to go on my BDAY. Dustin rallied the kids and they cleaned the house AND decorated AND wrapped my presents AND were ready to party with me when I returned.  SO FUN! I love my little family. They are so thoughtful and good to me.

One of my presents is very very fun.  It doesn't actually come out until June 24 or so....



 

but you see, I have had the original I-phone since it was first created which is a very slow machine with only a little bit of memory. :)  AND you see, they are just happening to release the new one in JUNE, in my birthday month, SOOOOO  I get a new one! Yippeee!!! :)  When I first got the I-phone, I thought it was fun for Dustin to get it for me and to load things on it for me and to set it all up etc.  But it really has become such an invaluable tool for me now. I use the calendar and maps most of all.  You would not believe how many times I get lost in a day. I am directionally challenged in a HUGE way. :) But I also love my tunes on there, the movies, general conference from our church (http://www.lds.org) the church directory with maps and phone numbers, the scriptures, and now I will be able to get a library of books on there. It is way cool.  Wanna know another cool thing? I can read in the dark with that thing! So if I am sitting by a lonely child, or can't sleep, I can pull it out and read scriptures or check email, or even get on facebook. Very great for soccer/baseball/basketball/football games too.  I am sure you all have one too, but I am feeling a little excited about my new one in just a week or so!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!
And what a great present! I have the original iphone too and it is sooo slow. I'm excited for you and I hope your day is wonderful!

JenJ said...

Thank you great Sarah!!

John and Caroline said...

I am so excited for you! I am hoping for one myself in Septmeber :) It looks like you had a great birthday!!! You have gorgeous family

JenJ said...

Caroline!
Thanks my friend.

Lara said...

What a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have. Happy birthday again!

JenJ said...

Good Lara!!
Yes, Our men are so great aren't they? Thanks for stopping by!

Dove Self Esteem Fund