Friday, December 3, 2010

Talk about Jesus: Thirty Ways #5


I am including everything we do this month even things like this which don't seem very creative.  But today we sang our Christmas carol, said a prayer, and talked about Jesus.  We talked about some of the things He did on earth. We mentioned all the people he healed. We talked about calming the storm.  We talked about washing the disciples feet, about His hours in Gethsemane, about his time on the cross.  We talked about His return.  The kids are so excited for Him to come back some day.  We talked about the scripture, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ."  It was a great quiet evening.  We felt closer to Him.


This year, I have also added several more word phrases to help us think of Jesus more.  It is still a work in progress, but this has been great fun.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I'm loving all your ideas, but I have a question for you. I've just discovered the vinyl wall lettering and love the way it looks. But I wondered if it was possible to reuse them or is it a one-time thing? The one I have is individual letters with no outline and I couldn't imagine being able to get it off without damaging it, but what a gorgeous touch it adds to your Christmas decor!

Sarah said...

i love your temple photo!

JenJ said...

The vinyl letters are a one time thing. You need to find someone who has the printer/maker thing. Once you peel them, you really can't reuse them.
Thanks Sarah, I really like that temple photo too. I didn't even know it had those lanterns on the fence or anything but it really does. Cool how a picture can bring details like that out.

Dove Self Esteem Fund