Saturday, February 28, 2009

To Create




I am so inspired by President Uchtdorf's message!

OK, here is our creation story.
Given our history of large babies.... We scheduled an induction just four days before the due date. Friday February 20, 2009 we went in and they broke my water. I did not want pitocin so I started walkin' the halls! Poor Dustin while still recovering from knee surgery had to sit with ice packs when we were done! It worked though and after a couple hours, the labor started to kick in pretty regularly. Five and a half hours later, Noah came into the world. He is so precious. And his name was so easy this time, once we met him. He just looks like Noah. David is my father's name and we were thrilled to pass that on to one of our sons.

We all just love this baby!! If it were possible to be loved, touched, kissed or held too much, we would be guilty of inflicting this on good little Noah. What a gift to give to our other children, and what a gift for Noah. We brought him into a home with so many people already loving him. Heavenly Father's plan is more beautiful and more clear to me the longer I am a mother. I am so motivated to improve and work towards becoming the mother I know I can be, the mother I am meant to be, the mother I already am....deep down. :) We are so happy over here and filled with the "trailing clouds of glory" that Noah brought with him.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You are incredible Jen! What a great mom you are!

Mama Oak said...

Hello Little Noah!!! Welcome to a wonderful family and I LOVE your name!

Lara said...

What a beautiful slide show...thanks for sharing.
Jen, you continue to amaze me with your many talents and beautiful insights into life. I'm glad that Noah's delivery went so smoothly.

Madsen Family said...

Jen thank you for sharing that. It touched me heart!!!
So was Noah born on the 20th of Feb. or the 24th?
Hugs!

Amy C said...

What a wonderfully uplifting post. Thank you!

Melanie said...

I LOVE that video, and love that little Noah is here safe and sound!!

Dove Self Esteem Fund