Tuesday, February 10, 2009

20 minutes of suction!




Can you see that wire??
I have decided that no matter how much I spend on a vacuum, it only lasts a couple years and does the job about the same. So my two years were up and our vacuum was about to die. I was so happy to find a TON of posts over there on http://www.ididntsaybanana.blogspot.com and got lots of advice. I did a little research and decided I still hold to my theory and spent around $150 and happily left Costco. My kids love to vacuum so I let them do the second room, answered the phone, and heard the vacuum turn off.

Apparently, he had run over the cord, ripping it in shreds, which caused the live wires to touch and shorted a fuse in the house and shut off the vacuum.....never happenned before!!! But that was a new record around here....a vacuum that lasted a whole 20 minutes!

Dustin was able to cut and splice and wrap with tape and other electrical talents and now it works like a charm again. But I guess I can only have supervised helping.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

so what kind did you get?

Lara said...

20 minutes? You've got our record beat now. Way to go on Dustin fixing it!

That cute little counter in the corner says you've only got two weeks! Yay!

JenJ said...

I went to Costco and got the Bissell something or other. They had a dyson there for $450. I have heard though, that the Oreck is the way to go. I don't know. I really do think they all last about two years no matter what. :)'
Did you get one yet????

JenJ said...

I went to Costco and got the Bissell something or other. They had a dyson there for $450. I have heard though, that the Oreck is the way to go. I don't know. I really do think they all last about two years no matter what. :)'
Did you get one yet????

Melanie said...

Hey Jen! I played the exact same vacuum game until a few weeks ago when our 30th 150 dollar vacuum died. I bought the Dyson (Target, 399) the Dyson rep happened to be there and gave me this whole tutorial. I LOVE mine. It is awesome and well worth the price.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Wow! That is a record. Good thing nothing worse happened and great for you that Dustin is so handy.

JenJ said...

I know, I was thinking electric shock in my sweet kiddos.

Melanie, I have heard SO many people applaud that Dyson. Maybe in a couple years (when my current machine dies) I will try out the newest Dyson.

Mama Oak said...

Forget about vacuuming - go put your feet up and relax for the few days you still can! I can't believe that your countdown is just about counted down:) :)

((hugs)) to you all!

JenJ said...

Hi Cindy!!
Good point. Donuts??? :)

Sarah said...

8 more days!!!!! I'm so excited for you.

We have not bought a vacuum yet. New qualifier: industructable cord.

Amy C said...

HaHa, that's a great story! Can Dustin be our Home Teacher??

Dove Self Esteem Fund