Friday, January 23, 2009

PG Movies???

What is UP with the movie rating system??? I have always thought it was slightly ridiculous and that of course, what is now PG 13, used to be R etc. BUT I am newly dissappointed after my most recent movie viewing.

The following three movies are all rated PG. But one of them has a male stripper scene, highly suggestive dancing, and much too much swearing. Not to mention adult scenes and unmarried people living together. Not at all in the same league with the other two. I left thinking, "how on earth was that rated PG??"

I have already stopped watching all the 13s, do I now need to cut out PGs because I am never sure what I will get? Mandi has been begging and begging to see Marley and Me and Hotel for Dogs.....



6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am very surprised Bride Wars is PG. (I assume that's the one you're talking about). I would not want my kids to see that. The world's standards are so low, it's pathetic.

Lara said...

We're facing the same issue here at our house...except escalated. Spencer keeps wanting to watch PG-13 movies now that he's 13 and it's hard because all of his friends (church friends included) go to see them. I wish they would make more clean, funny movies for kids his age.

Anonymous said...

I'm just stalking your blog! Can't believe your family has grown so much! www.dove.org is a great site that rates movies for families.--DeeAnn

Becky said...

That is such a crock. It was bad when we were so disappointed in PG-13 movies, but now just PG's? Tyson always checks movies out on http://www.kids-in-mind.com/ it's quite detailed...

JenJ said...

DeeAnn!!!
How fun to see you here!! I was just thinking about you and missing VA. I will start using dove.org and Kids in mind, thanks Becky!

Lara, stay strong. There is no reason in the world that Spender needs to have that garbage in his mind....like MY SPACE, it doesn't matter WHO Is doing it, some things are just dangerous.

Sarah, thanks for always stopping by. I love to keep in touch this way.

Kristydawn said...

We saw Marley and Me and it was cute, but I wouldn't take my kids to see it, its not a kids show. I know Jodi took her girls and walked out. WHat a bummer huh! Too much talk about marrital relations. hee hee.

Dove Self Esteem Fund