Saturday, November 1, 2008

What makes it special?

For us, October 31st is special when we make time to keep up with our traditions! I had a really great (although exhausting) Halloween this year. Below are some highlights. I even took a picture of my new favorite Halloween beverage!






I also found some new reasons to really like this holiday. I LOVE to touch base with the moms and dads that come knocking on the door with their kiddos. I LOVE the cute kids that come. This one couple was taking around their 4-6 month old dressed like a bunny. SO cute! It is really great to make so many kids so happy all in one night. And I loved all of the things I got to do with my kids to make the day special for them. I won't mention all the reasons this day is not my favorite. I am on such a good warm fuzzy roll. :)

3 comments:

Lara said...

That's one of my favorite things about Halloween too--the opportunity to talk to neighbors I otherwise rarely see.

It looks like you have some fun traditions in your house.

Mama Oak said...

Pumpkin Egg Nog?? Never heard of it but Alan would LOVE it! I'll have to find some for him around here. You're so good to overlook the potential mess that you will have to clean up and carry on fun traditions for your kids that they will always remember with fondness:) You're great Jen!

Amy C said...

LOL, that's good - focus on the positive!

Dove Self Esteem Fund