Friday, August 15, 2008

Pick your Colors

http://www.benjaminmoore.com

I just thought I would share my favorite place to pick paint colors for the house. I LOVE Benjamin Moore paint and I LOVE their colors. Pottery Barn will usually share which shades of BM paint they are using in their catalogs. My favorite part on this website is that you can paint imaginary rooms with their colors and see how well they look together.

Also, the US colors are good, but the Canadian colours are SO much better. It is difficult to get a US store to be able to get the formula, but I have found they can call the Canadian store and mix it here. You can switch to Canadian at the bottom of the website in small print.

Also there is tons to be done with spray paint that I am just now feeling brave enough to try.....if I actually do it, I will post the pics.
Happy virtual painting!!

7 comments:

Mama Oak said...

Spray Paint?! I can't wait to see what your creative brain does with that. Definitely post those pics:)

Sarah said...

Don't leave me hanging...I must see what you're working on! Pictures. Pictures.

And why is Canada getting all the good paint colors?

JenJ said...

Not sure about Canada, but they have an entire different line called, designer (I think) colours and it is really really good.

The spray paint is nothing super creative I promise. If you want to see creative though, you should look at Sarah's blog and see her letters, very cool. (comment above)

I am thinking of taking down all my light fixtures and spray-painting them a black/iron texture paint. They are all that brass finish still. Cindy, nothing like what you have probably already done. :)

Lara said...

I'm excited to see pictures too! That's good to know about the Canadian colours...I'll have to give it a try. Do you find that the color shown on your computer screen ends up being a fairly accurate depiction of its true color?

JenJ said...

Hey Lara!!!
I don't think it always is super accurate. I think it depends on your monitor. But what is accurate is if the colors look good together. Because if they are wrong, they are all wrong together. Know what I mean? :) So it helps me to know which shades I can put close together and how to help the house flow better, stuff like that. Now, I know lots of people just pay someone to do this for them, but alas, that job is not one we hire out.

Denise said...

Jen!!!!

Hi!!!

Just found you on Lara's blog...and wanted to say hi!

Denise Beatty

JenJ said...

Denise!
Fun to see you here,
Thanks for stopping by. When the first week of school whirlwind swirls by me, I will be back to posting. :)

Dove Self Esteem Fund